Thursday, March 12, 2009

Don't cross in the middle, in the middle in the middle of the street.

Well, there I was, standing on the corner waiting for the light to change when someone walking past told me I could cross.
A gesture at the red LED hand on the monster, if you could call it that.
"Oh, they don't enforce that here in New York City, go ahead."
Stares I, aghast at the man. "But, you're a cop!"
A slight shrug.
"That's just wrong. On so many levels. Oh that is just wrong."
He shrugged again and continued on his way as I stood and waited for the light. When the light changed, I crossed and continued on my way, looking every so often across the street at Officer Paccolli with a shocked expression. About half way down the block, I just couldn't help it.
"Let me ask you something." I called over to him.
He walked over. "Yeah?"
"If they didn't enforce murder in New York City, could I go around killing people?"

The conversation continued, and in the end he wondered if I was a lawyer of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment