Sunday, January 29, 2012

Socks

For the last few nights I've dreamt about socks. It's not so abnormal for me to dream of kniting, it's just perturbing at this time becasue I have a few projects on the needles that need to get done. Theres the skirt I started last year and needs just a few more inches, my son's blanket,and a blanket that needs to be planed and made for my soon to arrive niece/nephew. Not to mention the sol thats been sitting waiting to be finished for almost three years now(I'm probably going to frog it). But, I keep dreaming of socks.

I give up. I'm making socks. It will give me a break from the other things, that mostly aren' getting done because I'm tired of them. I'll have new drive to finish them when I'm done with the socks, right? So, after looking around, there is this ball of knitpicks Imagination Evil Stepmother sitting on my coffee table. It was going to be a sock for a friend a few years ago, but it didnt quite make it Well, it's mine now. And I did research for a pattern. The reason it never made it to my friend, is I hated it I made the sock and re-knit parts of it. I jst hated how it pooled. Not this time.. Knitty's Achilles Heal should be great.

Here I go casting on, I did a (half) swatch last night. ...Bugger. There's not enough yarn for a whole pair here. Dan it, I really want to make these socks. I suppose I could make the other one with the Wicked Witch...but..I don't want to. You know what, Im going to find a solid colour(I think I have some nice cones of fingering in my stash somewhere) and use that for the heel, sole and toe. That should give me enough yarn.

Here goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment