Monday, May 18, 2009

Socks and Crime

I am not generally a people person. As such, last week was rather stressful and overbearing for me, having had more than normal interaction everyday due to birthdays, holidays and engagements. That is not to say I did not enjoy the week, because I did. It is just that it was a bit much. So, when Shabbos came around, after some more, quite fantastic interacting, I stayed in and read a book. It was good times, and provided for a much needed escape from human kind.

What this has to do with the subject in the title of this entry I am sure you are wondering. Well, frankly it doesn't. That is all about Sunday, when both of the above were done. And let me tell you, it was GLORIOUS!

As previously mentioned there were birthdays last week. One of those being my roommate who got married(forthwith and forevermore to be called MRWGM, or CRS as the mood strikes me.) As such, a great scheme was schemed where in I and some others broke into her apartment and cooked her dinner. Though, we didn't actually break in as her husband gave me the key, but still, the concept is the same. It was a huge success and she was shocked speechless and extremely happy.

However, before all of that I went over to Knitmammy's where the depths of yarn were talked and socks were taught. I explored her newly acquired stash from the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival, which is utterly astounding and amazing. Tis a sad thing I did not go, as the more I hear about it the more I find I would have enjoyed it. Alas, I felt I had not the money, and I am probably right. Had I gone, I would have spent much more than I reasonably should. However, Knitmammy is much too kind to me and gave me a most lovely gift. I know have a beautiful skien of variegated polyester fuzz, for which i have many ideas.



As well, I now know how to make socks from the toe up, and so have begun a pair of Wicked Evil Socks for a Stepmotherless Witch. Miss Death the sock addict loved the colours, and well, I just couldn't resist.



Though, upon seeing me work on the sock I have been reasked for a giraffe. So I suppose I should get to that. I might just use the Doctor Who yarn, I'll have to check the gauge though.

I did end up oversleeping this morning, waking from a dream in which I was swimming in fibers and knitting up socks. It made for a very restful sleep, but sadly not enough time to steep a pot of tea before school.

No comments:

Post a Comment