Monday, August 03, 2009

Has It Come To This?

There I was sitting on the plane knitting a sock to the tunes of some good old fashioned chassidishe musser when I looked up and the guy across the aisle is reading the paper. Fairly typical. However, the headline? 'I had a meeting in the Bath.' Now, I admit that I did not read the article, so can't say for sure, but I think it is a safe guess that it had something to do with the middle aged women whose picture was prominatly dispayed having some form of meeting whilst submersed in that vital fluid of life we call water.

And I wonder, is this what our society has come to? The headline article of a section of News is regarding ones feeling free enough to meet people in the nude? Are there not enough other more homely things to talk about in the Home section of the local paper? Are there not things about which people care more? Is there a reason people care about this?

2 comments:

  1. Be careful Q, you might end up like me, who refuses to buy any product advertised by partially unclad ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that doesn't really bother me. No, that's not true. It does, but not to the same degree. It is despicable that our society has come to this, and thinks that such lack of clothing is not only okay, but more attractive.

    ReplyDelete