Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's About Tolarance

I do believe I have discovered the quintessential difference between Midwesterners and East Coasters. Well, at least as regards to temperature change.

On the East Coast, as soon as the temperature out side begins to become slightly uncomfortable on the cold side, one may even say chilly, coats are brought out of hiding. Scarves are donned, hats and mittens fluffed, and all the world bundled in woolly goodness.

Quite to the contrary, in the Midwest when the winds get cold, we merely don a sweater or two. Not untill at least the first snow are the heavy coats found. Even then, as it is well known that just as suddenly as the snow came, so shall it depart. True, we may be a bit sniffly at first, but a tolerance is built as the months go by allowing us to be quite comfy in but a simple coat during what some term, the White Months of Death. After all, they only make coats so warm, one must manage with what they can get.

4 comments:

  1. The White Months of Death...the rest of your writing was so dainty that this cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, my friend, but I will still keep my coat on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suit yourself, but don't complain to me when you're freezing in a month, despite that nice pi shawl.

    ReplyDelete