Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm back!

HELLO!!!

I’ve not talked with you in a rather long time. The fault is mine, of course, as I’ve not been on LJ in a rather long time. I got a little caught up in this strange thing called ‘Life’. Fun, yes, though a bit overwhelming and stressful at times. I’ve realized how much I’ve missed the Internet and my friends here though so I am coming back. Yay.

Quick catching up-ness is in order though, I should think, as it’s been close to a year or more since we’ve been in touch.

As of last June I have been working at Macy’s selling glasses, which i have to say is much better than being a cashier at the grocery. It’s both more fun, intellectually stimulating and has a higher pay rate. The down side is, that rather than a 15 minute bike ride, I know must travel about 45 minutes by bus. I can still bike there, when the weather is good, but don’t do so as often as I’d like because at some point on the way I get stressed that I’ll be late. Then again, it’s been a hectic summer, and mornings often felt rushed.
My husband is still in school for computer programming, though he will G-d willing be graduating this May. From there he will be attempting to get an awesome job both because he wants to and because we are expecting our child in December, and finding child care is as yet proving difficult. Should he manage to secure a well paying job, I’ll be able to stay home with the little one until it is old enough to interact with other little ones. In the mean time though, he is working at the local pizza factory, making pizzas and hot dogs. For some reason they decided to make hot dogs now too. No-one is quite sure why, but it’s their company so they can do as they wish, and it gives him a job on days he does not have class, so I can’t complain too much about it.

That in short has been my life for the last while.

2 comments:

  1. In December! This is soon! I know, I know you too got a calendar and a ticking alarm clock in your belly! I am so exited for you!
    Send me your address, I want be ready when "it" happens!
    Q - be kind to yourself and the baby, and ultimately your DH. Leaving the child this young and going off to work is heart-braking. Ask me how I know. There are plenty of things you can do from home to earn money. And remember, Hashem gives us parnosa for each child as she or he is born. Not before, but after. Many times we had nothing but a big fat minus, but when the baby arrived something happened to get us back on our feet. It is not easy. But is is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is soon. Sometimes it feels as though it is not, but it is. You can't have my address. I wont let you mail things to the States, it is way to expensive. And also, you really don't' need to send anything. You're always giving me things...I do appreciate it though. But if you really want to, my father will be at my brother's house for Chanukah. You could send something there and he'll bring it back. But really, you don't have to.

    Regarding working, you may be misunderstanding. I don't want to work while raising kids, per se. However, I also want my kids to be able to have a place to live and food to eat. If I have to I will, provided it can be done with minimal suffering. As you say though, it is all up to G-d. On the other hand, I have to make plans, I can't sit back and say G-d will fix it. You know the store of the man in the flood...

    ReplyDelete