Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Broke

I went to the yarn store on Thursday. I was only going to get yarn for this next project, really. Its not my fault that, well. There is this funny thing about shopping, and yarn in particular. You find something that is just so very awesome, and you put it in your basket, and then you find another as you make your way to the counter. Well, by the time you actually make it to the counter you end up spending 140$. oops. But they are exciting yarns, see?




Wait...what was that in the corner...is that...Doctor Who Yarn?!!?!



It was just..there. With all the colours combined. I had to have it. Ideas of what I should make?


Anyway, I have started my new project, a fancy shawl. I had a couple of false starts with it, having all 97 stitches cast-on, and a row or two knit and then dropping the first cast-on stich. grrr. Vas-eva'



This is much different then the other things I did, not only because I'm using a flancy pattern, but it's lace. And you know what? It's slippery and does not want to stay wrapped on my finger nicely, cause it is so thin. But I think I am getting it.

Here's a question though. It says to garter stitch for 18 rows. Do I count the cast-on as one of those 18?

No comments:

Post a Comment