Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And Now, with a Hook

I knit. It is my craft, and my passion. It would be a rare day that I would be found with out sticks and string. Also rare is for me to forget my pattern. Alas though, such an event occurred today. I was lost, and alone. Two hours left of school, and not a thing I could do fiber-wise. With out my pattern, I could not go on, for it was time to start a new increase row. Alas, I sat.

But then, a thought occurred to me. The girl next to me crochets. We have much fun with our fibers in class. At that moment though, she was not using her hook. Borrowing it, and some yarn, I discovered that yes, I still remember how to chain. After some time playing with it, and reviewing what could be done, I came up with this lovely thing.

Fetching little hat, no?

I don't know that it is done yet, nor what I shal do with it, but it is much fun. I think I will make a larger, head-sized one, provided I can remember what I did.

A slight problem though, as now I want to work on this hat thing, but must work on my veil, else it shan't be done. A dilema!

No comments:

Post a Comment