Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fear the Yarn!

Yarn and Boro Park, apparently don't mix. Or maybe they do, just not in this way.

I went dress hunting, and as I am making my veil, it's rather vital that the one match the other, veil-side first. I've already started it, you see. Well, the Boro Parkers didn't see. That is to say, they saw, but found it the most baffling, insane concept in the history of knish.

Have you every tried to explain to a Boro Parker that yes, it will match, and yes, I am doing this, and no, you can't change my mind? All while surrounded by maybe seven of them, while wearing a big poofy white dress, and laughing? No, I didn't think you had, I have though, and it was fun.

Of course, there was the one women who knits(backward, mind you) who insisted I show her how I'm doing it, and teach her the stitch. She knit a gartel for her husband you see. Email addresses where exchanged, and more hilarity ensued.

All in all though, after handing over a piece of paper statign they can take my money, I left with a most awesome dress, and headed out for some ice cream.

A very good end, to an otherwise rather fantastic day.

5 comments:

  1. and you use rabbit fur for yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always a first for everything. Though I doubt those women will come across another Kallah knitting her own veil anytime soon. Hey maybe you can start a trend.
    Anyway glad to hear you had fun gown shopping. Wish I could have been there.
    *waiting patiently for pictures*

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, this is bamboo/sheep yarn. I use the rabbits for other things.

    She did ask if it was a tradition, Bibbler, so maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tagged you on my blog, abochurinlubavitch.blogspot.com

    It's a meme, if you know what that means. basically a blogging chain.

    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete