Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ani Ma'amin

Belief is an interesting thing. We all believe in G-d, at least we think we do. But what does it really mean? Rabbi Paltiel defined belief for me as accepting as true something that is beyond our comprehension. In this simple way, yes we do believe in G-d. We accept that G-d is. But shouldn't there be something more, a deeper belief, something stronger than simple acceptance?

English, I think does not have a good word to describe what it is that we feel/know about G-d. It is more then belief, it is faith and a heartfelt understanding that He is here, and is in charge.

3 comments:

  1. *cough* Your title confused me. I immediately read it as, "Ani, ma'am" and I was like, "Uhhh... Whut?" o_O

    Belief is an interesting thing. That's all I'm gonna say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. 'Ani Ma'amin' means I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Look what I learned! :D

    ReplyDelete